Sunday, December 29, 2013
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Cut & Toast two halves of a Hot Dog/regular Bun on both sides till brown.
Meanwhile, in a pan add a teaspoon of oil, stir fry the veggies (diced capsicum, onion, tomato and mushrooms) for about 3-4 minutes.
Add the herbs(Sage, Rosemary, Roasted Garlic) and salt.
Once the veggies soften, grate a block of cheese & mix. Turn off the heat.
Spread over each half of the toasted bun & serve.
This is the most aromatic ingredient that any kitchen should have! Garlic.
And what better than roasted garlic that is super easy to make,store and use!
Take a cup of peeled garlic
Spread peeled garlic cloves on a microwave safe baking dish. Microwave for about 20-25 minutes.
Then bake these at 180 degree for about 15-20 minutes or till they start turning brown.
Take them out and let them cool.
Once cooled they will become hard.
Store as is or crush into powder.
You can add salt to make your own garlic salt seasoning.
Its tastes great and a lovely seasoning for snacks, garlic bread, soups & more!
Sunday, February 12, 2012
Craving for that restaurant-ish 'Satin Smooth' curry??? Well curry made at home either goes too runny or too chunky or simply horrible...Isn't that the case with one you made too? But making a delicious smooth curry is really simple! Here it goes:
1) Add 2 diced onions, 5 garlic cloves, 1 inch ginger along with 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok
2) Fry till fragrant
3) Add 2 diced tomatoes & a handful of cashews. Fry again till tomatoes are soft
4) Turn off the heat and let it cool
5) Now grind this till you get a consistently smooth mixture. Add salt while grinding
6) Now heat up the wok again, add a teaspoon of oil
7) Add cumin, 1 chopped red chilly, 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon of garam masala (or you can add any of the following - Egg curry masala, kitchen king masala, meat masala etc)
8) Add the smooth mixture and a tablespoon of dry kasoori methi leaves (fenugreek)
9) Add whatever you like (Paneer, boiled Eggs, Meat etc) to the mixture. Let the curry cook on slow heat for about 15-20 mins. Stir occasionally
10) You are ready to serve hot yummy curry with Rotis/Naans/Parathas etc **
**You can choose to add 2 tablespoons of butter/fresh cream/smooth yogurt in order to make creamier and smooth as satin ....Just count the calories before you do so! ;)
Tell me how how it was :)
Saturday, November 26, 2011
Breakfast is the most important and most beautiful part of a weekend - You sit on the dining table in anticipation of some splendid and mouth watering delights that will last long and relax your senses for a lazy afternoon siesta. Big on Breakfast series is just about that
- Take two boiled potatoes and cut out semicircular slices from both.
- In a small pan, add butter & freshly grated garlic. Heat till garlic begins to get a golden hue. Add some chilly flakes to it now.
- Take a pan, add a teaspoon of oil and add the potato slices. Let the slices get a golden brown color. Add the garlic butter mixture over the slices. Fry for 5 minutes. Add fresh Oregano leaves and mix into the slices.
- Transfer them to a dish.
- Boil 2 eggs. Separate the egg white and yolk by making a neat slit along the egg.
- You could pan fry the egg white slices or just serve them along (as you like)
- To a bowl add the egg yolk balls, 2 tablespoons of Mayonnaise, salt and half a cup sliced onion. Mix them well.
- Add the following herbs: Dill, Mint,Coriander
- Spread the mixture on two toasted slices.
- Serve with Garlic Potatoes and egg white slices.
Tell me how you liked it...
You can grab it any time of the day... Great for a heavy breakfast or lunch on the go or just a lazy light little dinner...
- Coarsely grate braised (baiyen) Tofu**, half a carrot. Put the mixture in a pan and fry in just about a tablespoon of oil. Let the carrot soften.
- Add fresh tender peas (defrost the peas, if frozen) and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, chilly powder and seasoning as desired.
- Now transfer this to a bowl to cool the mixture. Form patties of the mixture and place in a pan with just a teaspoon oil. (Mashed potato can be added to give binding strength to the mixture).
- Fry till they have a golden brown color on either sides (The patties don't need deep frying)
- Alongside, toast the Pita breads till they have a brownish hue.
- Cut into halves and make a slit along the diameter to form pockets.
- Wrap a lettuce leaf around the patty and insert it into the pocket.
- Make a tangy dip with some fresh mint, salt and two tablespoons of fresh curds in a bowl.
Just what you need when you crave for something different...
**You could use cottage cheese or minced meat (as per availability and taste)
Try and tell me how you liked it...
Thursday, May 19, 2011
A light snack that goes with almost everything and most of the times
You need: Frozen french fries, frozen corn, paneer(cottage cheese)/braised baiyen tofu
- Take a frying pan
- Add about two tablespoons of oil
- Add a bowl full of thawed French fries, 3 tablespoons thawed corns, 8-10 pieces of paneer cubes
- Once everything is golden brown, take it off the pan into a dish
- Add salt, pepper & oregano and mix gently
- Serve hot
- Goes amazingly well with pasta, noodles etc and of course without anything too....
Try and tell me how you liked it....