- Coarsely grate braised (baiyen) Tofu**, half a carrot. Put the mixture in a pan and fry in just about a tablespoon of oil. Let the carrot soften.
- Add fresh tender peas (defrost the peas, if frozen) and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, chilly powder and seasoning as desired.
- Now transfer this to a bowl to cool the mixture. Form patties of the mixture and place in a pan with just a teaspoon oil. (Mashed potato can be added to give binding strength to the mixture).
- Fry till they have a golden brown color on either sides (The patties don't need deep frying)
- Alongside, toast the Pita breads till they have a brownish hue.
- Cut into halves and make a slit along the diameter to form pockets.
- Wrap a lettuce leaf around the patty and insert it into the pocket.
- Make a tangy dip with some fresh mint, salt and two tablespoons of fresh curds in a bowl.
Just what you need when you crave for something different...
**You could use cottage cheese or minced meat (as per availability and taste)
Try and tell me how you liked it...